Nigerian singer Harrysong has responded after his ex-wife, Alexer Peres, announced that she is temporarily stepping aside from the custody of their two children, citing emotional strain and mental health concerns.
In a video shared on her Instagram story on Thursday, Alexer described the decision as painful but necessary for her well-being. She said the pressures she has faced since her separation from the singer have been overwhelming, leaving her emotionally exhausted.
Alexer explained that for the past two years, she had been the children’s primary caregiver, handling their schooling and daily routines from her home. According to her, while the children occasionally visited their father, she carried the major responsibility of raising them during that period.
She stressed that her decision to step back from custody is temporary and should not be seen as abandoning her role as a mother. Alexer added that she intends to reclaim custody once she regains emotional stability. She also expressed concern about the children potentially being cared for mainly by domestic staff in her absence.
Reacting in a post on his Instagram story on Friday, Harrysong dismissed claims regarding limited access to his children. He said his choice to remain largely silent on the issue was deliberate, aimed at protecting both the children and their mother from the long-term effects of public disputes.
READ ALSO: Court grants Angela Okorie N5m bail over alleged cyberstalking of Mercy Johnson
The singer acknowledged that he had previously reacted emotionally on social media in the past and had learned from that experience. He maintained that he has remained a present father and continued to provide for the children, even while they were living with their mother.
He said, “I’ve chosen restraint to protect the mother of my children and, most importantly, our kids because what’s said online lives forever.
“I previously made the mistake of speaking from emotion and learned the hard way. I never said she couldn’t have access to them.
“Their being in my custody is a decision made for reasons you can’t put out on the internet. I’ve remained an active, present father and have continued to provide for our children, even while they were in her care.
“The current narrative online is deeply hurtful and risks damaging the very image and career that supports our children. Is it worth it? I won’t engage in public back-and-forth that could one day harm them. My focus remains their well-being.”
The post Custody Shock: Harrysong responds after ex-wife says she can’t cope anymore appeared first on Latest Nigeria News | Top Stories from Ripples Nigeria.

